no images were foundFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Speedy Johnson and Bartleby J. Budde are the founders and songwriters of Ol’ Savannah, a Montreal(Canada)-based folk band. The two began writing songs together in 2009, highly influenced by folk, roots, and blues artists, such as Mississippi Fred McDowell and John Hurt. Ol’ Savannah have released three albums: “Ol’ Savannah” (independent, 2010), “Underneath the Old Red Barn” (independent, 2011), and “Death on the Mountain” (Coup d’Griffe, 2012).
Ol’ Savannah’s style has been compared to a mix of Tom Waits, Roscoe Holcomb, Muddy Waters, and The Pogues.
Ol’ Savannah have made multiple appearances on Halifax’s (Nova Scotia) waterfront as part of the Halifax International Buskers Festival.
In 2013, Cult MTL’s reader poll voted Ol’ Savannah in the top of the “Best Country/Folk Act” in Montreal.
- Jump up^ http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/11/22/ol-savannah-bringing-deep-south-to-canada
- Jump up^ http://olsavannah.bandcamp.com/
- Jump up^ http://thescope.ca/music/wont-get-drunk-no-more-by-olsavannah
- Jump up^ http://www.thecoast.ca/halifax/busker-fest-welcomes-back-ol-savannah/Content?oid=2673266
- Jump up^ http://cultmontreal.com/2013/06/best-of-mtl-2013-music/